Bye Bye Birdie
1. Take home this packet. Fill out your audition form and GET IT SIGNED by a parent or guardian.
2. Decide if you are auditioning to be a member of the cast or a lead character.
3. Study the part you have selected! Memorize the lines and lyrics for the part you’ve chosen. Get on our show BLOG at www.bemstheater.blogspot.com. You will find videos to help you be totally prepared.
4. Sign up for an audition time on Monday December 1st. Get a friend to sign up with you:)!
5. Come happy and prepared for a wonderful audition on Dec. 8 or 9. Brush your teeth, comb your hair, wear some deodorant and be CONFIDENT. Be on time, and bring your signed audition/contract form.
6. High five yourself for being amazing. Yeah.
BEMS Musical Audition/Contract Form
Please bring this page, completed and signed to hand in at audition.
NAME____________________________________ Grade ________
(first) (last) (8th, 9th)
Address: ____________________________ City_____________________ Age:_____Gender: M F Height:____Hair Color:_____________________
Your Home Phone#___________________ Your Cell#_____________
Parent Name_________________ ___________Cell:_____________
Previous Acting/ Dancing/Singing/Athletic Experience or Formal Training. List all that apply. Feel free to use the back of the form if you need more space.
Role(s) I am auditioning for:_____________________________________________________
Would you be willing to accept other roles? Yes No
Are there any roles you would NOT like to be considered for?______________________________
Are you willing to be a member of the chorus/ensemble? Yes No
Prior Commitments: Check your calendar carefully for the months of Jan., Feb., and Mar., 2014. List any scheduled conflicts you will have during those months, particularly March!
Tip: Students, use the checklist below to assist you when considering conflicts / activities that need to be listed J
Church Activities/Programs/Sports Drivers Ed Sports/Lessons/Training Difficult classes Academic Clubs Babysitting Field trips Teams Weddings/Family Events Conferences
Family Trips/Weekend Plans Dr./ Dentist Appts. Work Tryouts: club, cheer, dance, sports
The Contract We understand the rehearsal commitment for BYE BYE BIRDIE and will do our best to attend all scheduled rehearsals. We understand that students will be dismissed from the cast and replaced after 3 unexcused absences or at any time for behavior deemed inappropriate by directors or BEMS Administration. We appreciate the opportunity for students to perform in a school production and will give our best effort.